Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I have a daisy plant. It blooms yellow daisies. Its in a pot. Why are the leaves curling at the ends?

I've had to spray an insecticide to kill a white fungus and to eliminate green inch worms. I thought this may have something to do with the leaves curling. But, now I don't think so, because I haven't used the spray in a few weeks. The leaves are still curling. The plant is in a big pot. So there is plenty of room for the roots. And the plant recieves plenty of sun light. There are other daisy plants in my neighborhood. The leaves aren't curled at the ends. So I know it is not natural for this to occur. The leaves are green like their suppose to be. New leaves are appearing everyday. I add shultzs plant food to the water, when I water the plant. I water around every 5 days.

I have a daisy plant. It blooms yellow daisies. Its in a pot. Why are the leaves curling at the ends?
The flower pot may be too big--sometimes when the pot is too big for the plant, the leaves will dry and curl at the tips. It has to do with the quality of soil becoming poor because the plant is not large enough to sustain the proper chemical balance--reducing the soil quality. I suggest that you transplant it into a smaller pot.


No comments:

Post a Comment