Tuesday, April 28, 2009

What is the history of short shorts ( daisy dukes) in relationship to the history of womans clothing?

Hello I need someone to direct my to a fashion site that has the history of the design and make of female short shorts ( aka Daisy Dukes) I know who wore them and in what show ( DOH ) but I need to know more about how they started and how did they evolve. Saying search google is a tough one because I don't know where to look. If you know anything about short shorts please please answer.. The last 2 answers, while trying to be helpful, needed more specific information on where to find the information. All I need is a few pages on the history of womans shorts.





From Jeff

What is the history of short shorts ( daisy dukes) in relationship to the history of womans clothing?
I think short shorts just came out in the 70's. I wear them, and when people comment....I just say "Shorts are short"!
Reply:Lil' Abner and Daisy, these cartoons came out when my mom was a teen. She was born 1913. I have pics of her with short shorts. I had them in the 50's. That Daisy is where Daisy Duke's name was derived from. My theory is-- they were long legged jeans for the winter and a few years went by they started to wear at the knees and then they were cut off for the summer. That is what my 71 yr. old sister used to do. She still wears short shorts. Her past time is roller-skating and she always wanted freedom to move with her legs.


No comments:

Post a Comment