Monday, May 11, 2009

Daisy or Brownie Girl Scout Leaders: Question about Bridging?

I am the leader of a Daisy troop that will be bridging to Brownies this May. I was pricing out Brownie vests and other necessities for the bridging ceremony and came upon a "Bridging To Brownies" patch. Where does this patch go? Does it go on the Daisy smock or the Brownie vest? I'm just trying to decide if it's worth while to purchase the patches. Thanks.

Daisy or Brownie Girl Scout Leaders: Question about Bridging?
These go on the Brownie vest. They are an absolute necessity for the Brownie vest is you go through the steps to earning the bridge. Of course a girl can be a Daisy and then a Brownie without doing these steps, but if the girls have earned the Bridging requirements, they deserve to have this on their Brownie vest (or sash).





Talk to your coach. If you don't have one, then call your council and they will advise you.





As a third time Daisy leader, I STILL hate asking for patch money from the parents (since Daisies don't sell cookies or have money earning activities as of now).





I would rank the Daisy Bridging patch up there with making sure that they have their World Association Pin.





Of course, it means nothing unless you, as a leader tell them the importance. I make sure all of my girls in my troops KNOW the significance of what they wear pin and patch and badge-wise (as well as they can at whatever age they are) Otherwise, it IS just wasted money unless the girls find meaning. It IS about the girls and what they take from their experience.





I strongly suggest this patch as long as you take the time to earn it with them.


No comments:

Post a Comment