Monday, May 11, 2009

I got a Daisy plant that I intend to keep indoor, how should I take care of it?

I normally wouldn't have an outdoor plant inside but I loved the color of it. I don't have anywhere to plant it outside so I am going to keep it inside. Any special instructions on how I should take care of it? Watering, sunlight, anything to make up for it being indoor? Thanks for any help!

I got a Daisy plant that I intend to keep indoor, how should I take care of it?
Some plants that we think of as being outdoor plants actually do quite nicely indoors. I've had great success with both impatiens (try those, they still bloom like crazy!) and hosta (!!!). I've never done a daisy but I would suspect that the main thing they would require would be a LOT of light. I also wouldn't expect it to bloom all year round and would plan on shearing way back when it is done blooming, in order to keep it from getting all weedy and leggy. Certainly it's worth trying though and if it doesn't last forever, so what? You'll still have gotten a lot of pleasure out of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment