Monday, May 11, 2009

How do I deal with fungus on my gerberia daisy?

I got this gerberia for Secretary's day and it's been sitting on my desk. Otherwise, it seems perfectly healthy. I just cut off the blooms it came with and some baby flowers are shooting up. About a week ago it started showing white powdery stuff on its leaves and it seems to be spreading. Where the powder is thickest, the leaves are also turning black. What should I do?

How do I deal with fungus on my gerberia daisy?
"Powdery mildew is common on woody plants including roses, crape myrtles, euonymus, dogwood and oak, as well as herbaceous plants such as verbena, phlox, monarda, and gerbera daisy."


"Reduce humidity by increasing air circulation.


...


Remove affected stems or leaves from the plant to reduce disease pressure."





There are also fungicides you can use safely, but I would recommend the above firstly.


No comments:

Post a Comment