Friday, November 13, 2009

What is the best way to keep my Gerbera daisy blooming?

I love Gerber/Gerbera Daisys. I have about 10 plants on my back porch. What is the best way to keep them blooming? Do I cut the flowers, which I love to bring in my house, will that make it produce more flowers or will it hinder that? I can't find any info on this. Do I clip some of the leaves when they get real bushy? or just wait for them to turn brown and pull them out then. Help?!





Thanks,





Kim

What is the best way to keep my Gerbera daisy blooming?
add some bone meal and they will bloom big time. Bone meal consists of nitrogen and phosphorus which encourages flowering and greening. good luck.
Reply:In pots put fertiliser or mulch and cut off dead ones. If theyre in vases cut stems at angle and put them in boiling water (stems only) and they will last longer


No comments:

Post a Comment