Sunday, May 16, 2010

I know Nick and Daisy were cousins in The Great Gatsby, but had they ever met before they had lunch at her?

house at the begining of the book?

I know Nick and Daisy were cousins in The Great Gatsby, but had they ever met before they had lunch at her?
Yes they had met.





From Chapter One








Across the courtesy bay the white palaces of fashionable East Egg glittered along the water, and the history of the summer really begins on the evening I drove over there to have dinner with the Tom Buchanans. Daisy was my second cousin once removed, and I'd known Tom in college. And just after the war I spent two days with them in Chicago.








----


They're, Their, There - Three Different Words.





Careful or you may wind up in my next novel.





Pax - C


No comments:

Post a Comment